Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Blue about Blue

I unloaded the kiln yesterday after firing a full load of Opal Blue on Red Clay (Plainsman M390 for those who care). Testing the glaze at Cone 5 produced a beautiful vibrant blue, especially on red. I was so looking forward to finally having a Blue that I liked in time for my Christmas sales. But sadly, it was not to be. Due to 'operator error', the kiln over fired to Cone 6 which produced a not so vibrant blue. All the sad blue pots are below left .....






 BUT - good news - Susan J's Bark Baguette Tray in Variegated Slate Blue turned out pretty nice! The semi matte glaze brings out all that luscious bark texture.




4 comments:

  1. I kinda like the blue. Looks like the true colour of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog and the blue are both great! I am enjoying my purchases from our visit early October and i'm glad you have some new stock for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan J's bagette tray is great - and for more than bagettes. It worked for a full-size loaf of french bread over the holidays too! I'm sure I'll find many more uses. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete